Thursday, July 7, 2011

Attitude

Tuesday was a much easier night at work than the previous two nights, mostly because they had a bunch of temps start unloading the truck well before we got there. I even got to leave at 1:00. Anyway, the guy who is my direct boss will be switching to another department soon, so they're taking applications for his replacement. The main guy who is in charge when our direct boss is off is ineligible for the job because he has some "coaching" on his work record, but I think the statute of limitations on it was getting ready to expire, so he was going to try to talk to a manager about getting the "coaching" taken off or something. When he said something to "Dragon Lady manager", she basically told him he wasn't fit for the job. The best part of the exchange went something like this:

Manager: "You've got a bad attitude."
Dude: "Well, who doesn't around here?
Manager: "Me."
Dude: "That's the funniest joke I've ever heard."

I'll admit, the guy really doesn't have a great attitude, and isn't the best person for the job, but with as overworked and underpaid as we are, AND have to put up with Dragon Lady, how can you not have a bad attitude?

I checked out my schedule for this week, and it looks like I'll be working Tuesday through Saturday, which among other things means that I won't get to go to either the Tuesday or Thursday meetings of the Depression/Bipolar support group. I'm not too happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment