Monday, November 7, 2011

Remember, remember...

Saturday night was a shitty two-truck night at work. I didn't clock out until 1:50. I was hoping to take advantage of the extra hour from the "falling back", but instead I pretty much broke even. Sunday was a much better night, and I got to leave an hour early since I stayed over the night before.

I've found somebody to swap days with so I could have the 12th off, but getting a hold of a manager when they're in their offices has been a challenge.

I just found out that I have next Saturday (the 19th) off, and I didn't even ask for it. :/

On November 5th 2008, I had the night off so I could go see Henry Rollins do a spoken word show. Earlier in the day, I watched "V For Vendetta". Then I went out for coffee, and then went to Headliners Music Hall to see Henry. I wish I had a recording of that show, because he had some great stories about going to see Bad Brains the night before, and about some guy he met in Asia who called him "Mr. Curve". I got to meet him after the show, and I was speechless. The experience wasn't totally unlike the story of when Henry met Iggy Pop, except that I didn't even have the band experience to draw back from. :)


The next day, I got laid off. It's been a really shitty three years. It's kind of hard to forget the date when it comes after the day that we're urged to "Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I see no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot."

I was really hoping that this post would be more epic, but I don't really have it in me, and the shittyness of my recent life is too well documented as it is. Plus, I'm itching to get off here to watch "The Walking Dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment