Thursday, November 24, 2011

Scheduling issues.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I chose the 7:00am-5:30pm Sunday-through-Wednesday shift. Once you've picked a shift, you're stuck with it. I was in kind of a hurry when it came time to pick shifts, and I wish I had had more time to think about it. I was trying to avoid the night shift, but I kind of wish now that I had taken a later shift because I had to reschedule my psychiatrist appointment, and I'll have to go to the county clerk's office during my lunch break to pay property taxes/renew my car's registration since I work the entire time that the office is open. We only get thirty minutes for lunch, so I'll be lucky if I can get back before lunch is over. I'll totally be glad when I've got that taken care of. As for the psychiatrist appointment, it fell on a "Blackout Day", a day where we absolutely need to be there, or else we'll be terminated. I told someone from the temp agency about my appointment, and asked if it was going to be okay to take a half-day or if I should just reschedule, and she said I should probably reschedule just to be safe. Actually getting a hold of the Intake Coordinator at U of L's psychiatric office was a major hassle because they're also only open during the time that I'm working, and I can only use my phone during my breaks or lunch, so my opportunities to talk were very limited. I finally got a hold of her during my last break on Wednesday. The appointment is now on January 26th. So, I had already waited one month, now I'm going to have to wait another two months? Fuck me running.

Between worrying about getting my registration renewed, having to work 11 hours on Black Friday, and not knowing if I'll have to work on Saturday, I'm having a really hard time enjoying my Thanksgiving. As I said in Seasons, the Thanksgiving/Christmas season is my least favorite part of the year. I hope this next month goes by really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment