Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Doubts

I have not missed Steel Johnson being inside me. It's been nice to get out and do stuff again. I even managed to go to three shows in just over a week, all of them pretty different. But funemployment can't last forever, and I need to get working soon.

I managed to spend an entire day at home yesterday, thanks to having the place to myself, and spent it mostly watching movies. I just about went stir crazy. Having the place to myself and being mostly lazy was a luxury when I was employed, but at the moment it's a nuisance. I don't see how my roommate/ex has managed to do it for the past three years. You'd think that getting money to occasionally go out with would be motivation enough for getting a job.

I had revisited the notion of becoming a studio recording engineer and mixer in recent months. Reading posts like this kind of make me think otherwise. Seems like most of the careers I want to get into are becoming things of the past. A lot of people are self-recording. Some self-recorded music sounds good, some doesn't. I figure the least I could do is advise people on how their home recordings can sound better.

Speaking of antiquated jobs, I was in FYE a couple of days ago, carrying around a stack of CDs, when a woman pushing a stroller came up to me and asked if I worked there, to which I replied no. Then she apologized, and said that I just looked like someone who knew a lot about music and CDs. I then told her that I probably should be working there, but I'm not. I probably should've told her that I could probably still help her.

I wonder sometimes if I should just resign myself to a life of warehouse jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment