Sunday, August 19, 2018

Health Update, August 19th edition

I thought my stone was going to be removed on the 17th, but it turns out it was just an office visit. The doctor said it would probably be a couple of weeks before they could even do the procedure. I was raging because I had waited over two weeks for that appointment, after having to wait a week after I got out of the hospital for the previous appointment. Hell, my kidney was hurting again, and I wanted the stone and drain out NOW! My bitching paid off, because the doctor freed up some time on Monday for my procedure. He also prescribed me some antibiotics, which seems to have helped with the kidney hurting.

I do not have a conventional case of kidney stones. What the doctor thinks I have is a calyceal diverticulum. The procedure that will be performed is called percutaneous nephrolithotomy. One of the reasons I've been having to wait so long to get this stone out is because this is supposedly a rare condition, and this guy is the most experienced doctor in the area (or at least in this network that I know of) at this procedure.

I'm used to having my health insurance taken out of my check. I realized just over a week ago that since I haven't been working, or getting any kind of pay for that matter, that I've missed a couple of payments. Oopsie. I got a check from my insurance company a few days ago for one of my visits (I think), so I'll be able to make about two or three weeks worth of payments soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment