Saturday, August 4, 2018

Life Update, August 4th 2018

I just gave some updates on my health. What else has been going on? I've done some working. Back in May, I was working what was supposed to be a four to six week assignment, but ended up only being two weeks due to low volume. I had to wait two weeks to work again. I didn't really get as many hours as I would've liked in June and July, mostly because of my illness, and I've been off since July 19th due to hospitalization and work restrictions.

On July 4th, I finally got fed up with my roommate not working, and typed up a two page letter telling her what her not working was doing to me, and that she had until the end of the month to get a job, or she would be taken off the lease (she's listed as an occupant) and would have to move out. The reason I typed up a letter instead of telling her verbally is that she has a way of shutting me down when I try to tell her she needs to get a job, usually by saying, "Geez, I get it!" But she really didn't get it, and expressing myself in text was the only way I was going to get through to her. I didn't anticipate feeling like shit the entire month, and extended her deadline to August 31st, since she has been of some help to me, and she seems to be trying to get her shit together. But I need her to find a job soon since I'm unable to work. It's been three years since she got evicted, this shit has gone on long enough.

One of those things that my roommate's not working has done to me is made my social life increasingly more non-existent. The only real "getting out" I do is going to the coffee shop and people watching. It's been a while since I've made any real plans to hang out with people. I need to work on that. It seems like I go out more to watch people have fun than to have fun myself.

There are a couple of good concerts going on in Louisville in late September, one being Gary Numan, the other being the Louder Than Life festival, which actually has a halfway decent lineup this year. My roommate better not cause me to have to miss either.

The last couple of times I've gone out to see indoor live music, I've felt really uncomfortable, mostly because the places were so crowded. One was a tiny club back in March, the other one was a 700-800 capacity venue. The latter was for one of my favorite local bands who hadn't played out in seven years, and I hadn't seen in eight. The place was packed, I couldn't get comfortable, and I ended up leaving about twenty minutes after the band started.

No comments:

Post a Comment