Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Crud Update

After a few days of using some generic Dayquil/Nyquil Sinus type stuff, I switched over to Mucinex D. I also got a neti pot. Now I'm taking regular Mucinex and using the neti pot occasionally. It's weird, my nose isn't stopped up, but there still seems to be some stuffiness in the very back of my sinuses. The crud in my chest seems to be loosening up pretty good now.

In other cruddy news: I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I applied for a couple of jobs last month at Main ex-Employer for the department I was in when they laid me off. I finally got a rejection e-mail from them yesterday for one of the jobs, saying that I wasn't a strong enough fit. I'm now waiting to get rejected for the other position. I know that Corporate/HR people follow some odd kind of logic that makes no sense to most regular people, and I'm sure that the Recruiting department of this company are smoking the same proverbial crack that Corporate/HR people do. If it had been up to the people that I actually worked directly with, I would've gotten my old job back about two years ago. Hell, had it been up to them, I wouldn't have gotten laid off, period.

1 comment: