Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time marches on...

Tonight is the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. I've started typing this at 4:07, and it hardly even feels like 3:07! I wish Daylight Saving Time was all year around because I hate when it gets dark at 5:30 in the afternoon, it makes me think it's 9 or 10:00.

I've got a dentist appointment at 9:00am on Monday morning. One reason why I'm glad that Daylight Saving Time is this weekend is because it means that I get to skip an hour in the wait for the dentist appointment. Is it strange that I'm actually kind of excited about it? I guess you would be too if you were dealing with this tooth. I'm less afraid about what they'll do with the tooth than with how much it will cost. I figure at best, they'll just refill it. At worst, they'll probably pull the damn thing out. It actually hasn't been painful the past couple of days, just mildly annoying. I've learned that one thing that helps is to not take such big damn bites out of whatever I'm eating.

I rarely ever actually talk to friends. There's maybe a small handful of people that I talk to on a semi-regular basis, but still not frequently enough. There are some people on my friend list on Facebook who I'd probably be like, "Eh, whatever" if they de-friended me. But it does kind of bum me out when somebody that I really do like de-friends me, it's even worse when I realize that they've been gone for a while. This girl was actually one of the few people that I talked to semi-regularly back in 2009. We haven't really talked as much in the past year and a half, in fact I can't remember the last time her and I actually talked. It seemed like out main form of communication was occasionally "liking" each others status or videos. The fact that she no longer lives in town probably didn't help much. I didn't even know she was gone from my friend list until I saw that she was a friend on some girl's profile, but didn't show up as a mutual friend. Oh well, life goes on.

Lady Gaga played in Louisville tonight. I'm not really a fan or a hater. Hell, if I had a lot of disposable income, I probably would've went just for the hell of it. I'll admit, I'm jealous of the people who did go because they had the money for it, when I had to miss two shows last Fall that I was hellbent on going to because I was broke. In fact, one of my ex-coworkers was at the Lady Gaga show as well as the show I missed from October.

No comments:

Post a Comment