Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eat The Rich

I'm pretty fucking fed up with a lot of shit.

My dad told me, again, that he wants me to get a job, he doesn't care what it is. I told him that I applied for three jobs this week. He told me to keep applying, and if all else fails, go out and look for work. I covered a lot of this shit in Work vs School. If getting a job these days was as easy as a snap, I'd be working right now. I don't know, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I don't see the point in applying for jobs that I know I'm not qualified for, or would probably end up sending me to the proverbial loony bin. At least I hope it would be proverbial. A long time ago in France, the "idle" were put in asylums. They might as well put me in one.

Note to readers outside the U.S.: Most companies here expect one person to do the job of two or three, maybe even four people. In some cases, positions really have been consolidated. One example is that my ex-brother-in-law used to just be a trainer, but now he's a trainer AND a safety person. What ends up happening in the job search is that one job applicant might be experienced in all but one or two of the listed qualifications for the job they're applying for, and get passed over because they don't meet all the requirements. This fantasy person who can fulfill all the requirements is referred to as the purple squirrel. I suspect this might be one reason why Main ex-Employer won't hire me back for jobs that I used to do, or would be capable of doing in my old department. So one solution to employing more people might be to split up positions, or in some cases hire more people and lower quotas.

I'm sick of all these teabaggers who have been brainwashed by Fox News and the Koch brothers. I think a lot of Democrats are full of shit, but I have absolutely no use for the Republican party in its current incarnation. Until they rediscover Keynes and move back towards the center, I will not vote Republican. Face it people, Trickle Down Economics is a fucking failure. The wealthy are doing better than ever, and their taxes are the lowest they've been in the past 50 years. If they're not creating jobs now, cutting their taxes even further isn't going to help either. I think what President Obama said about limiting their itemized deductions is a good start, but it's not enough. Taxing the shit out of the ultra-wealthy would bring in a lot of revenue, but I don't think that's going to happen while the Republicans rule the House.

And good god, somebody needs to fix Wall Street! Somebody actually earning their wealth through hard work and creating something is one thing. Do I think they deserve to make hundreds or thousands of times more than their employees at the bottom? No, but at least they actually MADE something! Too many people in the financial sector are basically making money out of nothing at all. The movie Inside Job is essential viewing on this subject, but good luck on trying to make any sense of it. The only reason it made any sense to me is because I've read so many articles on what led to the big crash of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment