Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gloom

It's kind of a yucky weekend here in the area surrounding Louisville. It's grey, windy, and has been raining off an on. And I have no Midnight Movie to look forward to. Tonight is the night for Thunder Over Louisville, a big ass fireworks show over the Ohio River that kicks off the Kentucky Derby Festival. I don't really care for Thunder or the Derby.

Today is also Record Store Day. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to go support my local record stores today.

I just put in an application for a place that I never thought I'd apply at, mostly at the request of my dad. I know that a job is a job, and a paycheck is a paycheck, but it seems like a line has to be drawn somewhere. Speaking of the job search, I read this in this week's LEO (Louisville Eccentric Observer):

"New data from the U.S. Bereau of Labor & Statistics released last week suggests the same old, same old when it comes to Louisville's economic woes: Currently in the region (that means you, too, Southern Indiana), 69,751 people cannot find a job, and that's using a standard definition of unemployment, meaning that the number is likely much higher in reality." (Emphasis theirs.) The LEO also has a good article on America's tax system.

No comments:

Post a Comment