Monday, April 11, 2011

What's up?

I've been going through another bout of Writer's Block. It's not that I don't have anything to say, I've just been having trouble trying to figure out how to say it. It makes me wonder how the people who write for a living can do it so often. In fact, one thing I've been wanting to talk about is having Auditory Processing Disorder, and some of the challenges I have with communicating, especially verbally. I can come up with a line or two, so I know how to start it, and I think I know how to finish it, but coming up with the stuff that goes in between has been a challenge.

One thing that's been on my mind is how cool it is that I have readers from all over the world, but at the same time I feel kind of bad sometimes about bitching and moaning about stuff that's relatively trivial in the grand scheme of things, since the United States is like the Spoiled Brat of the world. Granted, most of these people seem more interested in what I have to say about music than what goes on in my personal life, but I still don't want to come off as spoiled. So, what I've been wanting to do is give those from outside the U.S. my perspective of what life is currently like to live here. But I've been having trouble getting started on it.

I'm running low on money again. Had I known that I'd be unemployed for this long, I probably would've signed up for Unemployment. If you haven't read it already, you can read about my problems with Kentucky's Unemployment system in The Saga Of The Past Three Years. I sometimes feel like I was born a couple of decades too late. I feel like I should be working at a record store or something, but record stores are going the way of the Dodo.

I hear that Vermont is trying to pass Single Payer health care. I also hear that  Burlington, VT, has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country. They have Bernie Sanders for a Senator. I'd rather not move to the northeast because I think I'd hate their Winters, but moving to Vermont is sounding like a good idea at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment