Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We don't want the funk!

I've got today off, and will be working Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I had originally planned on going to Louisville and possibly seeing Todd Snider perform at Waterfront Park, but decided not to. I guess I was feeling too miserable to even make the drive. The weather turned out fairly nice, which makes it an even bigger shame that I didn't go anywhere. I can't stand the thought of not being anywhere but home or work for an entire week, but not going anywhere today means I have more money for gas and lunch. Oh, and I'll also get to see Thor on one of my days off next week! :)

Back in March, a friend referred me to a Depression/Bipolar support group that she had been going to. They have meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm kinda bummed that I'll have to miss out on the meetings this week since I was scheduled to work on both Tuesday and Thursday. I was actually in relatively good spirits when I started going to the meetings, and didn't really "need" it so much as it gave me a reason to get out of the house, but I feel like I actually have been needing it these past few weeks since I've actually been down in the dumps. BTW, I'm not bipolar, just depressed.

I hate my job, or more like I hate that I'm working for "The Devil", and hate that I don't get paid enough for the kind of work I'm doing. And I'm forced to wear jeans, even if it's hot. There are a couple of things I like about it though:

1.I get an entire hour for lunch! That gives me time to eat and nap, though I haven't had any luck sleeping when I've tried to nap there. In fact I came closer to sleeping whenever I did the computer training. They really need some couches or something.

2.I don't have to go through a metal detector! If you've never had to go through a metal detector just to get in or out of work, consider yourself lucky.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment