Saturday, June 4, 2011

No time for love, Dr. Jones! (Updated)

I thought about something last night that I wanted to blog about, and then forgot about it until I turned my computer off for the night. So, I'm mentioning it tonight. Anyway, it's funny to me when people ask me if I have a wife or girlfriend, and then are surprised to find out that I don't. It's like, I'm socially retarded, and only marginally good looking at best, so why would I be in a relationship? Of course most people aren't as cynical as I am, and I guess they believe that there's someone for everyone, or that everyone deserves love. I've actually met a few women lately who I'd like to go out with, but I don't have the time or the money for dating at the moment.

Hell, I work with a 20-year-old dude who is one of the biggest dorks I know, yet he has a fiancee. How does that happen? (Speaking of him, I was told tonight that a manager apparently refers to him and I as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum because she thinks we don't work or something. Whatever, she's not even there when we unload the truck, so fuck her. Hell, I probably got paid more before I got laid off from Main ex-Employer than she is now! Actually, that's probably an exaggeration, she probably makes more since she's Third Shift, but probably not a whole lot more.)

I mentioned in my last post that the funk that I had been feeling seems to have lifted. I'm thinking that it might be because I've weaned myself off the Lexapro. Whatever it is, I don't feel quite as down in the dumps, and I sure as hell don't miss the side effects of the Lexapro.

(Paragraph 2 was added on Sunday morning, June 5th.)

No comments:

Post a Comment