Monday, July 18, 2011

Where does the time go?

So, I haven't posted in a while, roughly a week and a half to be exact. I haven't really had the time or energy to blog on my work nights, and I've been too busy being out-and-about or chatting with friends on my off nights to do it then, either. Last week was the first time in a while that I've worked four days straight, which felt really odd. My schedule for this week is really jacked up. I was off on Saturday, worked Sunday, have Monday off, work on Tuesday, am off Wednesday and Thursday, and I work Friday. I can't really say I'm fond of this "off a day, on a day, off a day..." thing either. I think this Saturday will be the start of going back to a regular schedule.

I'm amazed at how little I can accomplish on a day off. I mean, I did three loads of laundry, but I was really hoping to get more writing done than I did. I did the first paragraph of this entry at about 4-something, got tired, and saved the draft so I could add more later, but for the most part I've forgotten what I wanted to write about. I will say that after I saved the draft, I went to town to get supper for my parents and I, watched a show that I recorded while folding laundry, tried watching Countdown but ended up napping through it, watched part of The Rachel Maddow Show, then watched a couple more shows that I recorded. I figure the main thing I'll try to do when I get off the computer is watch a movie that's on the DVR. There are not enough hours in the day to do everything I'd like to do. And my co-workers wonder why I don't want to get into World Of Warcraft! I don't have time to play the games I have for my PS2, much less time for that hulking monstrosity.

Another thing I did today was look for job openings. Needless to say, it's still looking pretty bleak.

No comments:

Post a Comment