Monday, August 15, 2011

I wanna go home...

With the exception of Saturday, this was almost a good week at work. From Tuesday through Thursday, Dragon Lady was supposedly on vacation, even though she just got back from vacation last week. Despite all the dumb changes that I mentioned in my previous post, it didn't feel quite as stressful due to Dragon Lady's absence. On Friday, she was fired, for multiple reasons. I didn't find out until Saturday that her biggest offense was stealing. Before that, I actually did hope that she would have better luck finding another job than I have, but I lost any sympathy I might have had for her when I found out about the stealing. Despite being a two-truck night, everybody was in a good mood, and we managed to get stuff done. It was a pretty good night.

On my way to work on Saturday, I heard "Sloop John B" by The Beach Boys, you probably know it better as the "I wanna go home" song. I went in hoping it was going to be a good day, but it turned out to be one of the most frustrating nights since July 4th. Yes, even worse than last Saturday. And I think I'll leave it at that.

I had an interview today, I think it went okay. The place I interviewed at is close to the area where I used to live a couple of years ago. This job pays enough for me to move out to that area, that is if I get the job. I kinda miss living there.

I'm so dreading coming in to work on Tuesday, mostly because I'm wondering if there will be repercussions from Saturday. I'm already ready for this week to be over. Next week is one of those odd weeks where I'm only scheduled to work three days. From a Sunday-through-Saturday perspective (as opposed to the Saturday-through-Friday pay period) I only work two nights next week. I hope I can actually get stuff accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment