Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'd rather be sailing...

I had three days off this past weekend, but it was ultimately kind of depressing. The fact that Monday would've been my sister's 42nd birthday certainly didn't help, but it wasn't just that. I think I was bummed out mostly because I felt relatively isolated. Saturday, I went to Louisville. Sunday, I only left the house to get dinner for my parents and I. Monday, I went to the Hillview area (northern Bullitt/southern Jefferson County) to stop by the cemetery and to go to the theater to see Captain America. I rarely go to this particular theater because I don't care for that area, but they had a 2-D screening of the movie, which my favorite theater in the Highlands area of Louisville doesn't, and I figured I didn't really have anything to do in Louisville anyway. My only stop after the movie was a quick trip to the grocery.

One of the stations I listened to on my way home was the oldies station. "Sailing" by Christopher Cross came on, and while I'm not a fan of Yacht Rock*, I felt compelled to listen to it anyway. Here were some thoughts I had while listening to it.

1.I'd much rather be out somewhere sailing than driving home. Sure, a lot of people find living in the country to be tranquil, but the ocean just seems cooler to me. And I've never sailed, but CC makes it sound awesome.

2.I can totally imagine Christopher Cross just chilling out in the ocean, but having a 50 caliber machine gun handy in case pirates try to mess with him. In my opinion, that would make him way more badass than Chuck Norris.

3.Smooth.







*In this case, I mean the genre Yacht Rock, and not the web series, which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment