Sunday, September 11, 2011

On this date ten years ago...

...Slayer released "God Hates Us All"! I'm surprised that some kooks haven't tried to say that the attacks were God's punishment for that album being released, but pseudo-Christian band P.O.D. released their "Satellite" album on the same day. If I believed in a God, I'd think he'd probably be more angry over P.O.D.. Being a fan of Slayer, I spent a good portion of 2001 looking forward to September 11th ever since it was announced as the release date for the album. Turning on the TV late that morning to find that the towers had collapsed was a surreal experience. I was unemployed at the time, and realized after a few days that although life had seemed to come to a halt, that bill collectors wouldn't necessarily stop calling, so it was time to resume the job search. I eventually did buy the Slayer album that Friday, too. It's far from being my favorite Slayer album, but it was still better than most of what passed for Metal at that time, or even now.

One thing that's a shame is that while P.O.D. thankfully no longer stink up the airwaves, songs that were out at this time ten years ago like Nickelback's "How You Remind Me", Staind's "It's Been Awhile", and Puddle Of Mudd's "Control" don't seem to be leaving anytime soon.

That's all I'm really going to say about 9/11. I share the opinion of this blog post on Buzzflash.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment