Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crushed by the wheels of Industry

Just a couple of days after I posted my previous entry, I got a rejection e-mail from the temp agency that Main ex-Employer partnered with. I know I've said it before, but I swear I'm giving up on trying to go back there again. Last week, CBS Evening News did a story about Main ex-Employer hiring so many people for the holiday season. An ex-coworker posted the video on Facebook, saying "Like!" I shared it, and said "Meh." I decided after a few minutes to delete it.

I managed to survive working five days straight. I don't see how people who have to do it every week can make it with their sanity intact. There are so many things there that frustrate me that I try to repress most of the memories. One thing that was noteworthy during that time was that I saw one of my favorite co-workers who I've written about before, and her ogre of a fiancee, right after I clocked out for lunch one night. She mentioned that Main ex-Employer was hiring, and I was like, "Yeah, I've already tried." We talked for a minute or two.

There's a song by Heaven 17 whose title describes how I feel: "Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry". That's almost a more fitting title for a Fear Factory song. :) I don't feel quite as bad as I did two weeks ago when I wrote "Sick of it all", but I still feel beaten down and defeated. Work is draining, and looking for work is draining, so looking for work while I've been working has just about sucked the life out of me. I've been waiting for something like Occupy Wall Street to come along since possibly the Clinton Administration. Now that it's here? Eh. I support it wholeheartedly, but can't muster up the energy to participate. If I were still unemployed, you could bet your ass that I'd totally be occupying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment