Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shift change

I put in a shift change request a few weeks ago. I mentioned in my previous entry which shifts I was thinking about going for. My top pick was the Sunday-through-Wednesday night shift (6pm to 4:30am). I found out yesterday that it was approved, and I start my new shift this Sunday. I'll miss the crew, but I just couldn't stand getting up at 5-something in the morning anymore.

I've also been thinking about what I'm going to do with this job in the long term. With my birthday coming up in November, I really want to take advantage of my vacation time and take a couple of days off, and then maybe start looking for a better job after that. Or, I'll wait until February, when The Who plays in Louisville. After all, I'd hate to end up getting a night shift job somewhere else and have to miss that show because I don't have vacation time. The show is on a Saturday, and it would be lovely if I got a job where I wouldn't have to worry about weekends. Yeah, right. Anyway, all I do know is that I can't really see myself working there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment