Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Thanksgiving calm before the X-mas storm.

This week has turned out much better than I thought it would. My mom and dad told me that I didn't have to go to my uncle's funeral if I didn't want to, which lightened some of my stress load, as did the postponement of the pre-Thanksgiving thing they were supposed to have on Wednesday. I do kind of regret missing my uncle's funeral, but I needed all the energy I could get for work. I would have gone had it landed on a day off, or if I could get bereavement time for people outside my immediate family. I was "lucky" with the last few major family deaths that I was either unemployed or had a job with a flexible schedule. I strongly disagreed with most of his views, but I couldn't help but get a little sad when I saw his obituary picture.

We didn't have a lot of work this week, in fact we got to leave early on Monday and Tuesday, and only volunteers will have to work on Wednesday, and I opted out of working. So, I have Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday off, but I still have to work 11 hours on Black Friday. Boo! I should be getting Holiday Pay for Thursday and Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment