Saturday, September 15, 2018

Cruel summer

I finally got the stone removed on August 20th, and stayed at the hospital overnight. The drain was removed the following morning. Good riddance.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in a previous entry, but I texted my boss at the place I was working at a couple of days after I got out of the hospital in July, and she said I couldn't come back until the restrictions had been lifted. I kept her up to date on my progress. Then it ended up being another month before the stone was removed. I texted her a couple of days after I got out of the hospital in August, and she said I needed to report to my temp agency because my spot had been taken, due to the amount of time I had been gone. I decided to take the whole two weeks before Labor Day off not just so my back and kidney could heal up, but because I also ended up with a bad case of nausea a few days after I got out of the hospital, similar to the case of nausea I had at the end of June and almost all of July. Thankfully, it only lasted about five days this time.

I meant to call my temp agency the week of Labor Day to tell them I was available again, but had a hard time getting mentally prepared to do it. I finally called them the following Monday. They haven't had anything for me, even after applying for a job through them. I put in an application on Thursday for a totally different place.

You know, if it hadn't been for all this kidney bullshit, I probably would've been hired on at the warehouse I was working at by now.

My dad, the evil asshole, wants me to take advantage of the government. I'm under the impression that he thinks it's easier to do than it actually is. Aside from applying for food stamps, I don't even know where to start. Some people seem to have a talent for "gaming the system", but I'm not one of them. I guess I could try applying for Unemployment, though I'm hoping to get working again before I could even get my first check from it.

In other news, my deadbeat roommate has an appointment with Vocational Rehab next week, so hopefully they can get her working soon. Looks like I'm still going to have to miss the Louder Than Life Festival and the Gary Numan concert though.

I'm looking into getting into the IT field. Seems like the best route to go for an absolute beginner like me is to get A+ certification, then go for a Cisco CCNA or CCNET certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment