Saturday, December 17, 2011

A light at the end of the tunnel?

Wednesday didn't exactly start off good. My brain was fried from already working three 11-hour days in a row. I could barely read the numbers on my RF gun right. It's like, my RF gun would say to go to location 333 in a certain aisle, but I would end up going to 033 instead, look for the product, not find it, and then I'd look at my gun again and realize I was at the wrong spot the entire time. Ugh. However, I did get two bits of good news towards the end of the day which made it all worthwhile. The first was that I didn't have to work on Friday, but I still had to work 11 hours on Sunday. The second was that my assignment was being extended! I feel really bad for the people who weren't so lucky.

This was my first real weekend since my birthday weekend, not counting the weekend between jobs since I didn't do anything. My car got worked on, so I spent the first half of my weekend waiting to get it back. But later on on Friday, I hung out with a friend for a good while. I had to do some shopping on my way home, and since I'm boycotting Walmart, I decided to try Meijer. It was a pretty nice visit, and I kind of wonder now why I even bothered shopping at Walmart in recent years.

I've got lots going on today, but I shouldn't be out too terribly late since I have to go in to work at 6:00am.

I was talking to someone recently about how odd the past three years have been for me, and how it would be nice to get back to some sense of normality. She then asked, "What's normal?". I told her that I didn't really know, but that things just have really really not been right in my life since I got laid off and my sister died. Other than the car situation, this weekend has made me feel like I could possibly get back to some sense of normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment