Saturday, December 10, 2011

Got no time for livin'...

Let's get this out of the way first, especially if you're one of those company stooges who goes looking for dirt:

I like my new-old job!

But geez Louise, I feel like I spend way too much time there! My typical work day is ten hours, 10.5 if you include lunch. There are so damn many people there that I have to get there way early for a decent parking spot, and it takes so long to get out on a normal day due to the amount of people that I've given up trying to get out ASAP, and just hang out for 30 to 45 minutes. In all, there are about twelve and a half hours between the time I leave for work and the time I get home. I get out of bed about 45 minutes before I leave for work, so that adds up to 13 hours 15 minutes. Subtract that from 24 hours, and that leaves you with 10 hours 45 minutes. I try to get about 7 to 8 hours of sleep, so that leaves me with just under two to three hours open. That's not a whole lot of time. I especially haven't had time for blogging.

On those days where I have to work 11 hours, I feel like there's hardly any point in leaving. I'm really not happy that the 11th through the 18th of this month are all supposed to be 11-hour days, but I felt a little less bad after realizing that the week of the 18th is the last week before Christmas. I find it funny that they're making us work 11-hour days since the guy who has been the overall Fulfillment manager since late 2005 got rid of the 12-hour weekend shifts years ago, claiming that people lose productivity after ten hours.

I haven't gotten out much since my birthday weekend because I've been too busy working. While it sucks that I'll have no life due to the holidays, I'm actually way less miserable than I was at Mega Lo Mart!

No comments:

Post a Comment