Sunday, December 18, 2011

Whoa, not so fast!

Today was supposed to be the last of the 11-hour days, but at the start-up meeting they announced that we will have 11-hour days through the end of the year! FML What wasn't really announced, but I heard through the grapevine, was that we'll be working our overtime days too, meaning I'll probably have to work this Friday. It should be noted that not a lot happens on the two days before Christmas Day. I guess I should be happy that I get to work at least through the end of the year, but I'm fucking pissed. Any good feeling I might have had left over from this past weekend has gone out the window. I really hope I don't have to work on the 30th. My brother will only be in town from the 26th through the 31st, and it would be nice to get two whole days with him instead of just one.

I was really looking forward to getting up after 5:00 a.m., rather than before.

I don't see how anyone who has worked in retail around Christmastime, whether it's a big box store or an online retailer, can not be jaded when it comes to Christmas. I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll be glad when it's over.

(Edited to add that a video for the Fear song "Fuck Christmas" used to be here. The video has been pulled from YouTube.)

No comments:

Post a Comment