Sunday, January 20, 2013

Worst weekend ever

Thursday: My mom thinks my dad has the flu, due to some symptoms like chills. He stayed in bed almost all day.

Friday: My mom took my dad to the ER sometime before 2:00 p.m. His leg is swollen. I was hoping to hear something from her while she was out, but she has no cell phone, and she can't make long distance calls at the hospital. Sometime after midnight my girlfriend suggests that I call the hospital, where I find out she just left about ten minutes before. She made it home sometime before 1:00 a.m. She told me that he didn't have the flu, that most of his flu-ish symptoms were related to his leg, and that they also think he might have renal failure.

Saturday: Ugh. Long story short, an ultrasound was done on his organs, an MRI was done on his leg, and they ultimately had to amputate his leg just above the knee. He seemed to show some immediate improvement on the surface after they amputate it. They're still uncertain at this point how his organs will fare.

Dealing with this shit really makes me wish I didn't have to work this week, but who knows, maybe work will keep my mind off of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment