Saturday, August 4, 2018

Health Update, August 4th Edition

I went to see my urologist this past weekend, and an appointment has been made to have the stone removed. It's not until August 17th, so it looks like I'll be dealing with this drain in my back for at least another two weeks. I haven't bothered to shower since Sunday, because I have to have help replacing the bandage and tape after every shower. I'm still keeping myself relatively clean though, so I'm not too stinky. It's probably a good thing I'm not able to work, because then I would have to shower every night.

On the upside, my appetite has finally returned, probably thanks to the antibiotic I took for the week after I was discharged from the hospital.

I'm trying to get short term disability. My forms are supposed to be filled out by myself, the physician, and my employer. I haven't faxed my form off yet because the other two parties seem to be doing their own thing. I'll probably go ahead and fax mine off on Monday.

I lost about twenty pounds or more this past month. I'm now around 255 pounds, probably the lightest I've been since 2000 or 2001. I'm not going to go into detail, but it has made, ummm, some things fun again. Let's hope I avoid gaining it all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment