Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No Vaseline.

When I came in to work on Sunday, we only had one truck to unload, but there was so much overstock that we had virtually no place to put most of the new freight. When I heard later that night that we were supposed to have two trucks for Monday, a fucking holiday, I was like, "What the fuck?" I knew Monday was going to be a bad night. When I came in, I thought for sure that the room would at least be set up for us to start right away, but it wasn't, so we spent a good deal of time moving shit around. We had a lot of help with the first truck, and I think we finished it in two hours. When we got back from break, we wrapped up some of the loaded pallets and put them in the trailer that we just emptied. There was a whole bunch of overstock in front of the dock door where the second trailer was, and we had to move that shit around too. One dumbass manager kept going back there, asking if we had started yet, and every time I did, I just wanted to laugh at him. At one point he was like, "This truck has to be done by 8:00, and I am NOT staying over!" Seeing as that we were probably going to have to stay past our scheduled end time of 1:00, I had no sympathy for him whatsoever. I seriously doubt that he stayed past 8:00 anyway, because I didn't see him anytime after 8. We went to lunch from 8:30 to 9:30, and finally got the truck unloaded sometime before midnight. Half of the official unloading crew left sometime after 1:00, while me and the other two guys who finished things up left at around 2:15.

This was one of the most moronic nights I've had at work in a while. For one, you'd think they would be easy on us on a holiday, but no, they really pounded us in the ass! Second, whoever keeps ordering shit really needs to pay attention to the overstock! There was absolutely no need for two trucks! The worst part is that I won't be getting Holiday Pay for it! You have to be there three months to get Holiday Pay, and I've only been there for just over two months. This was, without a doubt, the shittiest 4th Of July ever. I'm really glad that I picked The Ramones "Greatest Hits Live" to listen to on my way to and from work. If that doesn't get you energized, then nothing will.

The only good thing I can say about today is that I found out when I got on Facebook that The Pixies will be playing in Louisville on November 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment