Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Some thoughts: June 8th edition

This was the first "good" week I've had since I started working at Mega Lo Mart. It makes me think that I actually wouldn't mind working there if they paid me at least $2 more per hour. Like any other job, there are little things that happen during the work day that annoy the piss out of me, but the work hasn't been so overwhelming that it makes me totally hate everything at the end of the night.

One of my favorite things about my days off is not having to wear my athletic shoes. Last November, I finally found a pair that fit me right, but they're not really breathable enough to wear during the Summer. I'd get me something similar with more mesh, but I can't exactly afford new shoes on my slave wages. If I must go out on my days off, I wear my Crocs Santa Cruz shoes. The best purchases I made from Main ex-Employer were three different pairs of them.

I called my psychiatrist's office today to try to reschedule my appointment for next Tuesday to something like the 23rd, a day where I'd likely be off and which happens to be a Pay Day. I was informed that she'll be closing the practice soon, and I wouldn't be able to reschedule since they're all booked up for the next five weeks, trying to get everybody's last visits with her in. I decided to keep my appointment. I'm less worried about myself than for my mom, who also sees her, since this means she'll have to look for a new psychiatrist. My mom seemed to like her, so I guess that I lucked out in that my first shrink was a good one.

Speaking of which, it's been a week since I took my last Lexapro, and I'm not feeling any overwhelming side effects.

Being an Anthony Weiner fan, I was pretty disappointed when I came home Monday night to find out that he had lied about the pics, and admitted that they were of him. Despite this setback, I think he should finish out his term. After all, if we have to put up with Tea Party Koch-suckers for another year and a half, then he might as well stick around. I figure this is just another distraction from REAL issues anyway, like Clarence Thomas not recusing himself from cases like Citizens United where he had a conflict of interest. It's amazing to think now that that son of a bitch got confirmed to the Supreme Court in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment