Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fail

(I actually worked on this on Wednesday night, but Blogger had some problems, and I could neither save nor post this when I was finished. Instead, I copied and pasted it onto a text document, and pasted it in here today. What you see here is what all I intended to post on Wednesday night. I had thought about adding more to it, but I'm too upset from having learned about an acquaintance's passing.)

I had Saturday night off, and while it was nice to see "The Dark Knight" on the big screen again (albeit in digital projection rather than 35mm), I can't help but feel like the night was disappointing overall.

Sunday through Tuesday at work were pretty crappy since way too many people were off. We only had one truck on Sunday, but we didn't get out until 1:30. We had two big trucks on Monday. We had a lot of temps help us. The temps who helped with the first truck were at least experienced with unloading, the temps who helped us with the second truck weren't. As if we didn't have enough to deal with, a manager that I've brought up before was yelling at us constantly. I'm sorry, but yelling at me isn't going to make me work even quicker, in fact it's probably going to make me slow down and tell you to fuck off. Despite only having one truck on Tuesday, she yelled at us again. I seriously hope she's not there on whatever day I determine to be my last working there, because I WILL tell her to fuck off then!

After finally getting a hold of somebody from the school that I applied to last week, I got my letter of acceptance today. Unfortunately, it seems that I've missed my Processing Deadline for Financial Aid for the Fall 2011 semester by a week! Oh well, guess I'll try for the Spring 2012 semester.

Today, I went to a little event in Louisville called Waterfront Wednesday, which is a concert series that my favorite local station, 91.9 WFPK, holds on the last Wednesday of every month during the Spring/Summer at Waterfront Park. In the seven years that I've been aware of it, this was my first time going. Excuses for not going in the past usually had to do with work, weather, or not knowing if anybody I knew was going to be there. I was really only interested in seeing the opening band, so I got there early, but some people I know from a local "dating" (formerly social networking) site were supposed to meet up between the first and second bands. I saw a few people I knew, but didn't see some of the others who were supposed to show up. I did see a few other people I knew. From about 7:30 on, it seemed more about trying to find people that I knew rather than just checking out the music, and I ceased to enjoy it, so I left before 9:00.

One of my friends on Facebook mentioned that the job search had fried his brain. A girl who works at Main ex-Employer commented with, "I'm assuming (Main ex-Employer) has been taken off the table of options...not enough $$$ for ya?" I had considered responding with some smart ass comment about the job search frying my brain, no thanks to a company that won't be named, but decided instead to bite my tongue and say, "I know the feeling." Because seriously, job searching does fry your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment