Monday, October 31, 2011

How could you be so heartless?

I had to work on Saturday, when most of the fun Halloween related stuff was actually happening. I'm off today, and was invited to a couple of Halloween parties, but costumes were mandatory, and I don't have a costume. I kind of dig Halloween, but can never really think of costume ideas. You can call it being lazy, but I prefer to think of it as having bigger things to deal with. I decided instead to try to make it a day of horror movie watching. I had to take a break from the movies because there were a couple of things I learned today that really saddened or pissed me off.

My favorite Louisville record store, Ear X-tacy, is closing. They moved to a new location last year in hopes of staying afloat, but it didn't work. I understand that the music business is changing and that the economy sucks, but what really bothers me is how some people can be so god damned callous as to virtually cheer that the store is closing! The way I see it, it's almost like if somebody had been dissing my sister after she died. They sound like fucking Tea Partiers, and some of them are! You can see an example of this here. Hell, I've seen so many of my friends on Facebook talk crap about them that I've put a warning on my Ear X-related posts that negative comments will be deleted. I don't feel like doing a eulogy at this time, maybe soon though.

I asked for November 9th through the 12th off from work. The 9th is when The Pixies play in Louisville, my birthday is on the 11th, and one of my best friends is getting married on the 12th. I found out last weekend that the only day they scheduled me off from the 9th to the 11th was the 11th, probably because it's my birthday. I managed to find someone to swap days with, trading the 9th for the 6th, a day that I was scheduled off. The schedule for the week of November 12-18 just came out yesterday, but I didn't get around to checking it out until this evening. They fucking have me scheduled to work the 12th! When I requested the 12th off, I clicked on "Family obligation" under Reason so that they would know that I absolutely needed that night off. I guess I'll try swapping days again, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to work on a Saturday. If I can't swap it, I'll just say "Fuck you" and call in. You know, if I still worked at Main ex-Employer, I'd just take the whole fucking week off, and go see Judas Priest in Cincinnati on the 8th on top of everything else I want to do that week.

This wasn't the worst Halloween ever, 2003 and 2009 easily top it, but it sucked way more than it had any right to.

No comments:

Post a Comment