Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another quick update

March Madness and some other things seem to be distracting me from my writing. I did get started on a post last night, but it was way too ambitious for me to finish in one sitting. I worked on it for well over two hours and didn't get anywhere near as completed as I'd like to be. I'd try finishing it up today, but I've got too much else going on. I watched the Kentucky game a couple of hours ago, and the Morehead game is coming up. Then later on I'm going to see one of my favorite local bands play a reunion show.

I always knew I'd be unlikely to settle on a name for this blog. There's a page on our blogs when we're signed on called "Dashboard", and seeing the word today reminded me of the Modest Mouse song called "Dashboard". It goes, "Well it would have been, could have been worse than you would ever know. The dashboard melted, but we still have the radio." I figured that "The dashboard melted, but we still have the radio!" would be a good title for the blog, partially since I talk about music so much, but also because it's like the ultimate in Positive Thinking. But that was too long, so I shortened it. It's still not short enough really, but it works.

After getting another rejection e-mail, I think I'm done trying to go back to work at Main ex-Employer. If they actually call me back with a job offer, I'll totally go for it, but I don't plan on applying for another position there. But then again, this isn't the first time that I've sad this.

No comments:

Post a Comment