Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crowds: I don't like them.

Last night, I went to a bar called Third Street Dive (sort of poking fun at Louisville's 4th Street Live complex) to see what is possibly my favorite Louisville band ever, Dead City Rejects. Dead City Rejects played their last show in September 2008, and I think they were reuniting for one show to say "Good bye" to the Dive's current location. The new location is just next door to the current one. I knew there was going to be a big crowd, but I went anyway because, seriously, this is Dead City Rejects we're talking about here. There's something about crowds that makes me want to hit people. But I don't. While I hate crowds in general, crowds at the Dive are particularly problematic because the place is set up in such a way that watching bands is kind of awkward. I'm not even sure how to describe the setup. I can tell you that what I've seen from the new place looks way better, more open and less awkward.

When I am in a crowd, I try to position myself so that people who are trying to walk through can walk by me without me having to move. As the crowd got bigger, that became more of a challenge. There was plenty of room in the back around the pool table, which would have been cool had there not been anybody playing pool, because I had to occasionally get out of the pool players' way so they could make their shots. I'm not sure what pissed me off more, the fact that I had to move for these people, or the fact that these people were playing pool while this great band was playing.

Despite my crowd-o-phobia, the band was awesome, and it was nice to see friends that I haven't seen in a while. So ultimately, it was a good night!

One thing that I realized yesterday was that the last time DCR played, I was still employed. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment