Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to (high) school.

I had a really weird dream this morning. In it, I was going to college, but instead of actually going to college, I was going back to my high school. One thing that was funny was that one of the teachers was actually my First Grade teacher, and she was teaching something that was beyond my comprehension. I felt like a total dumbass. I also felt really old, not because of the age difference so much as that some of the kids I was talking to were so into newer Metal/Hardcore bands. That was probably inspired by a combination of reading an article about James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem and watching VH1 Classic's one hour version of the Big 4 (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax) show from last summer. Things seemed to get easier later on, probably because I ceased to give a fuck, and I seemed to actually gain the respect of the kids. Another funny thing in this dream was that Sean Garrison (formerly of the band Kinghorse) was also going to this school. What made it really funny was that while the guy in the dream was actually supposed to be Sean Garrison, he looked more like Keith Flint from the Prodigy. The most recent photos/video footage I've seen of SG were from the late '80s and early '90s, so I have no idea what he looks like now, and wouldn't recognize him if I saw him out somewhere, so I guess my brain filled it in for me.

When I woke up, I had the same feeling that Val Kilmer's character in "Top Secret!" had.

No comments:

Post a Comment