Monday, April 18, 2011

Overwhelmedness (Might finish it some other time)

If you pay attention to the labels I use to describe my posts, you'll see "Overwhelmed-ness" a lot. I tend to get overwhelmed pretty easily. I also use the term "makes me want to curl up into a fetal position" a lot because that's how I feel when trying to deal with some things. Hell, I'm overwhelmed right now about trying to describe my overwhelmedness. What I really feel like doing is laying down, partially because I'm tired, but also because the job search is stressing me out. But I'm afraid that my dad will get after me if I do that. Whether I'm working or not, work-related stuff tends to overwhelm me the most. Friday, I intended to go into a few restaurants and ask if they needed dishwashers and/or if I could fill out applications, but I only managed to ask at one place, and they seemed to advise against dish washing because they've got a bunch of Mexicans* working the dish room. Whenever I thought about going some place to ask about applications, I had this weird feeling of dread come over me.

(I ended up going to lay down anyway. Took a 4.5 hour break before attempting to start up again. But I'm having trouble finishing it. Instead of saving it to post for later, I'm going to go ahead and post it as is, possibly updating it later. )

*For the record, I don't really have a problem with Mexicans. Immigration isn't a big issue to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment