Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not one damn, shit, or fuck was given.

I have a hard time working more than two days at a time at Mega Lo Mart anymore. This recent four day stretch just about did me in. Thursday wasn't too horrible. Friday was a two-truck night, and we only had four in our crew, plus our supervisor. They've taken away at least half of our empty bin space where we used to put the pallets that we stacked freight on, to use them either for overstock or supposedly for layaway items. We barely have enough room in our room for one big truck, and we actually have no room anymore for a two-truck night! One of the day-shift managers assigned the breakpacks to me, which I'm usually not too bad at, but I got bombarded, and spent the entire night working on them, even working a couple of hours over to finish them. They brought in a bunch of people who had never unloaded before to help with the second truck, but instead of being any help, they just made a huge mess. Three of the crew left just after 1:00 a.m., leaving just me and the supervisor to try to finish everything up. Honestly, the only reason I didn't leave at 1:00 was because I felt obligated to at least finish the breakpacks. Around 3:30-ish, the supervisor told me what was left to do, and not to worry about cleaning, and then clocked out. Then he came back and told me that he was off the clock, so he couldn't really tell me what to do, I think he just came back there to thank me for staying over. After he walked away, I considered trying to finish everything up, but then I was like, "Fuck it", and did a couple of important things on my way to the time clock. Had it been approaching 2:00, I might have wrapped everything up, but since it was approaching 4:00, I decided I really didn't give a fuck. Hell, I'm normally in bed by then!

Something else about Friday that really aggravated me was this one redneck bastard customer. After lunch, I went out to the Sales Floor for the sole purpose of changing tasks (Don't get me started!), and as I was making my way to the back room, some customer hollered at me to get my attention. I can't quite remember, but I think he was asking me if I had a key for the video game case, which I don't. He said that one of the Electronics guys walked off when he tried to ask him something, said he was rude and then implied that the guy was probably gay, then apologized in case it offended me. I had no idea who he was talking about. I did see one other Electronics guy, but he was busy with some customers. Then one of my crew finished up with his Task crap and helped me with talking to the guy, and I eventually saw the guy he was talking about. I eventually walked away. I seriously had to suppress the urge to smash that guy's face! For one, do NOT fucking yell at me like that! And two, do NOT disrespect my coworkers like that! I've seen a lot of morons shopping there, but I'm actually surprised that I haven't had more like him.

I came in on Saturday wore out and not giving a fuck. We had a mid-size truck, but only three people, and the supervisor was off that night. I got lectured by the same manager who assigned me to breakpacks the day before about not doing some of the stuff that I was supposed to do before I left that morning. I didn't say it, but I didn't give a fuck. We got some help unloading the truck. We were told to try to hurry up. I didn't give a fuck. Then they sent some of us out to bring the carts back from the parking lot. Then we went back to finish the truck. We got done with the truck a half hour later than we were scheduled to. After our break, which was about an hour before lunch, they sent two of us back out to push carts, when we could have been helping get stuff straightened out in the back room. But even if they didn't send us out to push carts, they would have had us do some other bullshit instead. We busted our asses trying to get the freight onto the floor. Around 12-something, one of the 3rd Shift managers bitched me out because she had supposedly been paging us for an hour to log out of our tasks (Again, don't get me started!), then she said that she wanted to talk to us at some point, I figure probably to bitch. But I guess we were too busy actually doing our jobs for her to get us all together in one place to bitch. I left at 1:15, the other two guys left at around 1:30, and I think one of the 3rd shift guys from the back room finished up what little there was left to do.

Oh, and there were two birthday parties I could have gone to had I not had to work on Saturday.

I came in Sunday virtually the same way I came in on Saturday, wore out and not giving a fuck. The good news was that we had a similar sized truck as the night before, but we also had two extra people, and at least one person from outside the department helping with the unload. But we spent our first half hour in the parking lot bringing carts back in. Around 11:00, two of our more experienced people were sent to stock, leaving me with the supervisor and one of the newbs. The supervisor works 3-midnight instead of 4-1, so at midnight I was left with the newb. I think we got most of what needed to be done, but not quite everything they wanted us to do. I had Monday off, so not one fuck was given either way.

I'm seriously trying not to quit until I have something else lined up, but these past four days really tested my patience. I wonder sometimes how much mind I have left to lose. I think of "Should I Stay or Should I Go". There would actually be more trouble if I go, but I feel like if I stay too long, then I'm liable to go Full Retard (or something) on somebody, most likely a manager, but possibly even a customer like the one I had on Friday. I don't even want to think about going back in tomorrow, even if I do have two nights off after then.

Something's got to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment