Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blah Blah Blah

I had a pretty decent three day stretch at work, which was much needed after the previous work week. They've hired a few people, the trucks weren't too huge, and we only had one truck each night. The only thing that really sucked was having to go out to push carts a couple of times on those days. I think they need to hire more cart pushers. I also got to miss out on a lot of fun stuff on Saturday, including a showing of Tron at my favorite theater.

I've mentioned recently that Main ex-Employer was partnering with a temp agency for the holiday season. It was all over the local news Monday that they would be hiring 3000 people for the season. Like every year, I'm thinking that most of the people who go there hoping that their jobs will become permanent will be disappointed. Any news about employment going up from October through December shouldn't be seen as an indicator for anything. I don't see myself getting called up, and after remembering what a clusterfuck the parking lot was last year and imagining how bad it could get this year, I don't think I'll be missing it.

I'm approaching the end of three days off. This "weekend" was a disaster. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment