Friday, September 23, 2011

The week of August 18th (so far)

Updated 9-28-2011: Geez, I was so out of it when I wrote this that it took me almost a week to figure out that I put the wrong month in the title! Of course I meant September.

I mentioned on August 15th that I had an interview with a major employer. Today, I got a rejection e-mail from them. This basically means that there is no reason not to go to school at this point. Now, if only I can get this "pre-going to school" thing sorted out. I'd still like to find a higher paying job to work until I do start school so I can get away from Mega Lo Mart.

I ended up with a flat tire on my way to work on Tuesday. I got to work about a half hour late. With the exception of hurting my thumb, it actually wasn't a bad night at work, and that's one of the rare times that the night at work was better than the drive.

Wednesday was actually fun as Hell. Went to Waterfront Park for 91.9 WFPK's last Waterfront Wednesday. It was a much better lineup than the last time I went, with They Might Be Giants, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, and Louisville's own The Deloreans. Saw lots of people who I hadn't seen in a long time, including some ex-coworkers. According to one of my ex-coworkers, she now works with a few people that we used to work with at Main ex-Employer. Funny.

Last but not least, I HATE the new Facebook changes, and I'm not looking forward to what they have in store. I've learned of some hints to make it more bearable, but it's still a freaking mess. I'm kind of bugged by the people who bitch about people bitching about the changes. It's not that the bitching-about-bitchers crowd don't have some good points, but it was a Comfort Zone of sorts. Yes, if the FB changes are the worst thing to happen to you then yes you're having a good day. But if you've been overwhelmed with bullshit like I have, dealing with the changes makes things even more aggravating.

No comments:

Post a Comment