Monday, May 30, 2011

Someday, he'll begin his life again!

Friday night at work wasn't too horrible. It started out crappy, got kinda good, then ended sorta crappy. By that, I mean it looked like we would get out on time, but then we were given the bullshit task of squashing some plastic-type stuff in the cardboard baler. The baler used to just be for cardboard, but somewhere along the way they decided to start putting plastic in it. My normal end time is 1:00 a.m., we decided at 1:30 to just stop and let the next shift take care of it.

Saturday was fucking horrible. We had way more to do than we could handle in 8 hours. Some people left at 1:00, I left at 2:00, while a couple of others stayed until 2:30. It's not like they really pay us enough to put up with this shit anyway, but that was one of those nights where it really felt like working there wasn't worth it.

On Sunday, I had a tougher time getting out of bed than usual because I was so wore out, and with the exception of getting up a couple of times to use the restroom, I pretty much slept up until a minute before my alarm was to go off. (Actually, the first time I woke up was less than an hour after I went to bed, I was awakened by the cat who sometimes hides under my bed before I go to bed. At 11:00-ish a.m., I got woke up by the phone ringing.) It actually ended up being a really easy day at work. If I had more nights like tonight, I wouldn't mind working there so much. There were only two of us in my crew today who had worked on Saturday, and our boss let the two of us leave a little early since we worked so late on Saturday, and it seemed like everything was going to be done by 1:00. If I hadn't been so wore out from Saturday, and didn't have to work on Monday, I would have gone out after work instead of going home. It's been years since I've had to work on a Memorial Day.

I've got two more nights of this crap, then two nights off, then I work another five days. So much for being "Part Time". Looks like my schedule will be the same for at least the next couple of weeks.

While I was at work on Friday night, I kept having this line from Pearl Jam's "Evenflow" going through my head: "Someday he'll begin his life again!" It mostly went through my head because I think it's funny how Eddie Vedder says "someday", like "someday-ay-ay". But I also found it kind of fitting for me because I really hope to begin my life again someday, like I can finally live my life without being angry and bitter about getting laid off, and all the repercussions that came with it.

I went to Ear X-tacy Records on Thursday, which is just across the street from where my Depression/Bipolar support group meets up. I went there to get the new Beastie Boys CD, but I have a hard time going there and not browsing everything else. I found an old used copy of Metallica's "Master Of Puppets". I considered buying it just to see how it compares to my DCC Compact Classics version, but decided that if I was going to buy anything else while I was there, that it would be something that I don't have in any form. I doubt that it will go very quickly, since everybody and their dog has "Master Of Puppets" and not many people are aware that the older albums have been remastered* anyway, but I still feel like I should snatch it up soon. (*In 1994/95, Metallica's first four albums were remastered, but they decided to be sneaky about it. You can tell the remasters from the older versions because the copyright on the remasters say E/M Ventures next to the year, instead of Elektra Records or Elektra Entertainment. They'll probably also have something in the liner notes about the Metallica fan club and web site. I don't really need a remaster of "Master Of Puppets", but I wouldn't mind having an old copy of "Kill 'em All", especially if it has the "Garage Days Revisited" tracks on it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment